Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Regular Show Funko Pop!


So, since Kidrobot upped the price of their newest blind boxes to $12, I've been looking more into these Funko figures. They're fun, and relatively cheap (can be had for less than $10 each shipped if you look in the right places). I recently sent in a $15 payment to join the Funko Funklub, and my membership pack should be on its way soon. I grabbed this set from Gemini Collectibles who was having a "warehouse sale". I got all 5 for something like $32 postage included. I really love Regular Show so it was a no-brainer for me to grab these while they were dirt cheap.


#46, Rigby the raccoon. One of two main characters from the show. He's somehow less mature than his partner Mordecai.  I'm not very impressed with the paint on these, as I mentioned in my Jay and Silent Bob purchase, but they are cheap enough I can ignore it and enjoy them sitting on my shelf.


#47, Mordecai. The other main character. He likes to think he is smarter and less lazy than Rigby, but neither of them are the clear winner. Both Rigby and Mordecai have strangely shaped feet, they almost seem kinda bent. These damn slackers barely wanna stand up.


#48, Benson. He is a gumball machine, and also the supervisor of the park. He threatens to fire M&R in pretty much every episode and yells a lot. Not my favorite character, but I really like this one. The paint is clean on it, and the gumballs inside aren't a solid piece, they roll around. However, he definitely does NOT want to stand on his own.



#49, Skips. Skips is a really smart Yeti who has been alive for a super long time and has cheated death more than once. I'm not really up to date on the show, I think there have been a few episodes explaining Skips since the time I stopped watching cable. This one is thicker and feels better built than the others, but up close his paint is pretty bad. The formatting messed up here and won't let me put a picture next to Skips of him in the show...whatever.


Finally, #50, Muscle Man. This dude is by far my favorite in the show. He always makes lame jokes and is consistently rowdy as hell, always taking his shirt off and yelling and doing donuts on the parks golf cart. He is better constructed like Skips, but probably because they have a more human shape.


I'm happy with my purchase despite some design and paint flaws. I expected it when I bought them, and is the main reason I didn't buy them before at full price. They look rad as hell, and I am very happy to have them. There are a few characters lacking from the lineup (Pops, High 5 Ghost, Margaret) so I hope they have a second series of these to make the set feel more complete. I'm not exactly sure if I'll be keeping the boxes or not. I know I should, but I just don't have room. Honestly, I'm not even sure where these are going to be displayed just yet.

I have whole case of Kidrobot 'bots coming in the mail...they had a sale and I scored them for only 50 cents each (which is all but unheard of  if you know anything about Kidrobot). I'm also going to a really big community garage sale this weekend...I have my fingers crossed for some really excellent finds.

Thanks for checking out my post. Keep an eye out, once I hit 100 likes on my facebook page I'll be doing a giveaway for those extra Kidrobot bots!

No comments:

Post a Comment