Sunday, October 20, 2013

Retro Game Con Recap!

So, this year my local area of CNY was blessed with its "first annual" Retro Game Con. "First annual" generally seems like an iffy thing. I went in skeptical at best about how it'd be, but I was genuinely shocked at the turnout. It was amazing. There were a ton of people there, and more vendors than I even knew existed locally. There were so many things to look at, it was beyond overwhelming. I did my best to check out all the tables and all the games, but my brain was on sensory overload from the awesomeness presented before me.

I got to say "hi" to a few people I've been talking to online from my area, and I picked up some good stuff I've been meaning to get. I was told that the second annual was a "sure thing" when I was there (less than half way through the day) so the turn out must have been more than sufficient to justify another one!

As a bonus, the Pokemon Sapphire I bought had an amazing save file on it with over 300 hours of gameplay and a TON of event/legendary Pokemon. I'll be transferring them over to my DS games and restarting for myself :]

Unfortunately I didn't remember to take even one picture. I'm stealing a bunch from the events facebook, which I'll link to HERE so credit is given. I didn't realize until I got home that I had forgotten.

Here are the pictures I stole, with the last 2 being my purchases. These pics were taken early on, probably when it first opened because there were 10x the people when I got there. I wish I had gone earlier to comfortably look around now haha.










PS2 musings following later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment